Specializes in the surface modification of biomaterials and their interactions with cells. In 2012 graduated from the Industrial Biotechnology specialization at the Faculty of Chemistry, Warsaw University of Technology. Then she continued her research work as a doctoral student at the Faculty of Chemical and Process Engineering WUT. In 2018 she defended with distinction her PhD thesis titled “Processes of modification of steel surfaces intended to blood contact”. Associated with Cezamat since 2017, has been employed as a research assistant professor since 2019. Co-author of 30 publications and a patent. She participated in 10 scientific and research projects. In her scientific work she deals with: surface modification of polymeric and metal biomaterials using methods that apply aqueous solutions, surface characterization techniques such as SEM, STEM, FTIR-ATR, fluorescence, confocal and optical microscopy and mammalian cell culture along with cytotoxicity tests.
Formation and characterization of biomaterials, surface engineering, biocompatibility studies, cell-biomaterial interactions, vascular and bone implants.
- Promising electrodeposited biocompatible coatings for steel obtained from polymerized microemulsions, Trzaskowska Paulina Anna, Poniatowska Aleksandra [et al.], Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 591, 2020, p. 1-9, DOI:10.1016/j.colsurfa.2020.124555.
- Electropolymerized hydrophilic coating on stainless steel for biomedical applications, Trzaskowska Paulina Anna, Kuźmińska Aleksandra, Butruk-Raszeja Beata Aleksandra [et al.], Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 167, 2018, p. 499-508, DOI:10.1016/j.colsurfb.2018.04.052.
- Lecithin suspensions for electrophoretic deposition on stainless steel coatings, Trzaskowska Paulina Anna, Poniatowska Aleksandra [et al.], Materials Science & Engineering C, vol. 93, 2018, p. 134-144, DOI:10.1016/j.msec.2018.07.052.
- Production of 3D printed polylactide scaffolds with surface grafted hydrogel coatings, Kowalczyk Piotr, Trzaskowska Paulina Anna, Łojszczyk Ilona [et al.], Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 179, 2019, p. 136-142 DOI:10.1016/j.colsurfb.2019.03.069.
- Patient specific implants for jawbone reconstruction after tumor resection, Major Roman, Kowalczyk Piotr, Surmiak Marcin, Łojszczyk Ilona, Podgórski Rafał, Trzaskowska Paulina [et al.], Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 193, 2020, p. 1-10, DOI:10.1016/j.colsurfb.2020.111056.
- Polyurethane modification with acrylic acid by Ce(IV)-initiated graft polymerization, B. Butruk-Raszeja, P. Trzaskowska, A. Kuźmińska, T. Ciach, Open Chemistry, 2016, 14 (1), 206-214. IF=1.512, DOI: 10.1515/chem-2016-0020
- Simple method of fabrication of hydrophobic coatings for polyurethanes, B.Butruk, P. Ziętek, T. Ciach, Central European Journal of Chemistry (teraz Open Chemistry), 2011, 9 (6), 1039-1045. IF=1.512, DOI: 10.2478/s11532-011-0094-7
- patent ‘Method for producing polymer coatings on biocompatible metals, No. PL 234421, authors P. Trzaskowska and T. Ciach, 2019.
- head of the research project ‘Modification and endothelialization of metal surfaces’ PRELUDIUM 6, National Research Centre (2014-2017)
- PRINCE2 Foundation certificate
- Czeslaw Rodkiewicz scholarship for PhD students (2015)
- A special prize in the competition ‘Girls of the Future. In the footsteps of Maria Skłodowskiej-Curie’ organized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the magazine ELLE for the research project ‘Modifications of polymers for the needs of tissue engineering’ (2011)
- scholarships: Rector's scholarship for the best doctoral students (2014-2017), scholarship from a pro-quality grant for the best doctoral students (2012-2018), scholarship for PhD students funded by the Center for Advanced Studies of the Warsaw University of Technology (2012-2014)