A graduate of the Faculty of Chemistry at the Warsaw University of Technology in the field of Chemical Technology. In 2019, she obtained a doctoral degree in chemical sciences for the dissertation entitled "Research on polymer nanomaterials as new nanoscale drug delivery systems in photodynamic therapy using Lab on a chip microsystems". From 2019, employed at the Center for Advanced Materials and Technologies "CEZAMAT" as a research worker. She has several years of experience in cell culture, drug toxicity tests, assessment of biological activity of nanomaterials, as well as microfluidics. Three-time winner of the Tony B. Academic Travel Award in 2016, 2018, 2019. Co-author of 17 scientific publications, including 9 from the list of Philadelphia (HI = 6), author of a utility model as well as numerous reports and presentations at recognized national and international conferences. Winner of the team award of the First Degree of the Rector of the Warsaw University of Technology for scientific achievements in 2016-2017 and the team award of the First Degree of the Rector of the Warsaw University of Technology for didactic achievements (2019). Research project manager and contractor of 5 research projects (NCN, NCBiR, IDUB) in the field of medical diagnostics and microfluidic technologies in cellular engineering.
- In-vitro cell cultures
- Screening of nanomaterials and cytostatics
- Searching for new anti-cancer strategies
- Research on the mechanism of action of drugs / nanomaterials on cells
- Searching for new materials and bio-friendly microfluidic technologies
- Use of miniature platforms to build advanced cell / tissue models
- Conducting automated long-term cell / tissue cultures on microchips
- Study of the biological activity of drugs / new nanomaterials using miniature bioanalytical systems
- K. Tokarska, M. Bułka, U. Bazylińska, E. Jastrzębska, M. Chudy, A. Dybko, K.A. Wilk, Z. Brzózka, Evaluation of nanoencapsulated verteporfin’s cytotoxicity using a microfluidic system, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 127 (2016).
- M. Chudy1, K. Tokarska1, E. Jastrzębska, M. Bułka, S. Drozdek, Ł. Lamch, K.A. Wilk, Z. Brzózka, Lab-on-a-chip systems for photodynamic therapy investigations, Biosens. Bioelectron. 101 (2018) 37–51.
- Ł. Lamch, A. Pucek, J. Kulbacka, M. Chudy, E. Jastrzębska, K. Tokarska, M. Bułka, Z. Brzózka, K.A. Wilk, Recent progress in the engineering of multifunctional colloidal nanoparticles for enhanced photodynamic therapy and bioimaging, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 261 (2018).
- M. Wolska-Pietkiewicz, K. Tokarska, A. Grala, A. Wojewódzka, E. Chwojnowska, J. Grzonka, P.J. Cywiński, K. Kruczała, Z. Sojka, M. Chudy, J. Lewiński, Safe-by-Design Ligand-Coated ZnO Nanocrystals Engineered by an Organometallic Approach: Unique Physicochemical Properties and Low Toxicity toward Lung Cells, Chem. - A Eur. J. 24 (2018). HOT PAPER, COVER PAGE
- K. Tokarska, U. Bazylinska, E. Jastrzebska, M. Chudy, A. Dybko, K.A. Wilk, Z. Brzozka, Selective cancer-killing ability of new efficient porphyrin-based nanophotosensitizer in Lab-on-a-chip system, Sensors Actuators B Chem. 282 (2019) 665–674.
- K. Tokarska, Ł. Lamch, B. Piechota Beata, K. Żukowski, M. Chudy, K.A. Wilk, Z. Brzózka Zbigniew: Co-delivery of IR-768 and daunorubicin using mPEG-b-PLGA micelles for synergistic enhancement of combination therapy of melanoma, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B-Biology, 211, 2020, 111981.
- P.A. Trzaskowska, A. Poniatowska, K. Tokarska, C. Wiśniewski, T. Ciach, E. Malinowska, Promising electrodeposited biocompatible coatings for steel obtained from polymerized microemulsions, Colloids and Surfaces A-Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 591, 2020, 124555.
- 2020: Utility model, W.127216 , Tokarska K., Żukowski K., Chudy M., Dybko A., Brzózka Z., Multifunctional flow-through micro-system.
- First degree team award of the Rector of WUT for scientific achievements in 2011-2012
- Second degree team award of the Rector of WUT for scientific achievements in 2013-2014